Avast Business earns high scores on protection, performance, and usability.
We’re excited to announce that Avast Ultimate Business Security has received the “Approved Business Product” award for July 2022 by AV-Comparatives!
As a notable independent test lab, AV-Comparatives regularly carries out in-depth testing of antivirus software and consistently releases reports that are freely available to both the media and the public. This latest report and award was based on testing done during March to June 2022.
What does it take to receive the award?
AV-Comparatives gives its “Approved Business Product” award to qualifying products. To be certified in July 2022 as an “Approved Business Product” by AV-Comparatives, the tested products needed to:
- Score at least 90% in the Malware Protection Test with zero false alarms on common business software
- Score a minimum 90% in the overall Real-World Protection Test over the course of four months
- Identify less than 100 false alarms on any clean software or websites
- Identify zero false alarms on common business software
- Avoid major performance issues (the products’ impact score must be below 40) and fix all reported bugs
For the Malware Protection test, Avast achieved 99.8% (above many other major vendors), and for the Real-World Protection test, Avast achieved 99.5%.
Furthermore, for the Performance Test, Ultimate Business Security was one of the only vendors to be awarded a perfect score of “very fast” across all of the following categories:
- File copying (on the first run as well as on subsequent runs)
- Archiving and unarchiving
- Installing applications
- Launching applications (on the first run as well as on subsequent runs)
- Downloading files
- Browsing websites
Here’s what a real-world malware detection scenario looks like
AV-Comparatives invited all vendors to configure their respective products for testing. Only a few vendors, Avast being one of them, provided their products with optimal default settings which are ready to use, and therefore did not change any settings. We are proud to say that no relevant deviations had to be made to our Avast Ultimate Business Security in order to have optimal protection
Image credit: AV-Comparatives
In its detailed product review within the Business Security Test results, AV-Comparatives reported the following in regards to a malware detection scenario while using Avast Ultimate Business Security:
“When we connected a flash drive containing malware samples to our test PC, and opened the drive in Windows Explorer, Avast did not initially take any action. However, when we tried to execute the malware, or copy it to the Windows Desktop, Avast immediately detected and quarantined it. A pop-up alert was shown, which persisted until manually closed. No user action was required. Options to scan the PC, and see details of the detected threat, were shown. You can disable alerts via policy if you want.”
Accessible, powerful protection
Avast Ultimate Business Security is a great fit for small businesses that don’t have IT support, but need powerful yet simple protection: “The product can manage networks with thousands of devices. However, due to its ease of use, we feel it would also be suitable for small businesses without dedicated IT support staff,” said AV-Comparatives. They went on to list out this solution’s additional advantages:
- Well suited to small and medium businesses
- One-click remediation options are provided on dashboard
- Console is easy to navigate and meets accessibility standards
- Network scan feature lets you easily discover unmanaged devices and install security software
- Includes patch management, a VPN, data shredding, data and identity protection, and device control
Get started with a free 30-day trial of our Avast Ultimate Business Security in the Business Hub platform. Experience how our solution can provide reliable security that empowers you to focus more on your business.
To learn more about our recent award and AV-Comparatives, check out the complete Business Security Test 2022 results.